WARRANTY AND PERIOD
CODEX LED warrants only to the original end user that the products and parts manufactured will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the warranty period. The warranty period is determined commencing upon date of installation to the end user or, if the end user cannot provide proof of invoice noting date of installation, then the dispatch date from CODEX LED.
CODEX LED Products – (product dependant – as displayed on specific product datasheet)
CODEX LED Battery Products NiCD and NiMH – 12-Months
CODEX LED OBLIGATION UNDER WARRANTY
CODEX LED’s sole obligation under the warranty, shall be to repair or provide replacement product(s) during the warranty period. Products and parts repaired or replaced by CODEX LED under warranty, shall be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period.
DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES
No other warranties, expressed or implied, are given, and CODEX LED expressly disclaims all other warranties, including and without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
No salesperson, representative, distributor or agent of CODEX LED, is authorised to make any guarantee, warranty, or representation that contradicts the terms contained in this Limited Warranty. Any Waiver, alteration, addition, or modification to the warranties contained herein must be in writing and signed by an authorised representative of CODEX LED to be binding and enforceable. CODEX LED does not assume responsibility for any specific application to which any products or parts of products are applied including, but not limited to, compatibility with other products. CODEX LED will not accept any responsibility or warrant any product that has been tampered with or has been changed, altered or wrongly installed. All statements, technical information, or recommendations relating to the products or parts issued by CODEX LED are based upon tests believed to be reliable, but do not constitute a guarantee or warranty. CODEX LED shall not under any circumstances be liable to any party for loss of profits, loss of goodwill, or any other special, consequential, or incidental damages whatsoever, with respect to any claim in connection with products or parts manufactured by CODEX LED or products or parts used in any product or products manufactured by CODEX LED.
EXCLUSIONS TO THE WARRANTY
The limited warranty shall be null and void in the following circumstances:-
- Modification or repair of any covered product or part by the installer or end user.
- Improper use or installation, failure to conduct regular maintenance or cleaning, or damage by accident or neglect, of any covered product or part by the end user or any third party.
- Failure by the installer, end user or any third party to exercise caution to protect any covered product or part from outside damage, adverse temperature (normal operating ambient temperature 0 – 25°C), humidity conditions, fluctuations in the electrical system or physical abuse as well as failure related to workmanship in the installation of the product or parts.
- CODEX LED will not assume responsibility for corrosion or other resulting damage to products where they are installed in areas in which fertilizer or chemicals are present, either in the air or in the soil or where products are installed near to chemical plants etc., or areas with emissions of heavy polluted air.
- Batteries that form part of any emergency lights carry a 12-month warranty and are excluded from the extended warranty described above.